Friday, October 5, 2007

New bike parts


I signed up for/got talked into an odd job that pays $80. I then spent lots of time trying to re-learn enough thermodynamics so that I could sound like I knew what I was talking about.








Before I even got the money in the bank I spent it on a snazzy new Shimano Shadow XT rear dérailleur. It's cool because it doesn't stick out off the side of the bike and therefore won't snag on sticks and rocks and rip off. Plus it's been redesigned to look like an evil robot. The good folks at Chalet Sports even cut me a deal at $75 instead of the retail price which is $109. Barring disaster, it should last at least 3 years.

3 comments:

josie parsons said...

as a bike afficionado, get this....i just taugh "ROAM' in my film class and the little brats groaned and moaned...i still think i'd be better at your job than teaching ;-)
hope all is well, i'll be in town next weds maybe for a few days..i'll be in touch.

Ian said...

i think you can still break it if you try.

jesse parker said...

have any extra pairs of gloves?