Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sign Creek


Rode the Sign Creek trail outside of Sula,MT with Chad on Sunday. It was a long and fun loop in some really remote country.



We saw Moose and Elk, rode through snow for a while and had a great time. I rode a Ventana El Rey that Chad let me try out. It has wheels that are 29" in diameter, 3" larger then a standard 26" mountain bike wheel.

bigger wheels decrease the contact angle with obstacles, which in turn decreases the amount of forward momentum the rider loses while rolling over said obstacles. Or so they say. After around 5 hours of rolling around on it I agree. You can roll over rocks that are around 2" tall without slowing down much at all. The bike handles really well and I instantly felt comfortable riding it. At first it didn't feel as good as my current bike at high speeds, but was just as capable once I got used to it. MORE PICTURES



That's Trapper Peak

4 comments:

Ian said...

are you going to get the Ventana? The Yeti has had a rough life.

Unknown said...

sure, wanna loan me $3,500? I'll pay you back some day. . .

Ian said...

thats what student loans are for

jesse parker said...

or credit cards...