Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jackson Hole

I went there last weekend and snowboarded Friday-Sunday. I have a 6 day pass there that I got for a price too good to refuse, but while I was down there I was introduced to how easy it is to ski there for free by using the tickets of flat-landers who couldn't handle more then a few runs. "Ticket clipping" in Jackson is unusually accepted by the ski area and is therefore a very popular way to start skiing for free around 11 am without buying a 77 dollar ticket.

The snow was exceptionally good, it snowed 50 inches in the 5 days before we got there and snowed 10", 10" and 8" the three days we were there. We spent a lot of time in the Slackcountry but were very careful because the avalanche danger was considerable because of all the new snow. I didn't stop much to take pictures, but here are a couple.





The strange orange things on the left shoulder straps of their packs are mouthpieces for avalaungs built into their packs. Not a bad idea, I may have to get one of these at some point.

4 comments:

Chaybo said...

let me get this straight....2 weeks in belize and then you come back and immediately head south to JH for 5 days of skiing ?? Dude...get a job !


okay...just joking about the job part. I'm just jealous.

Ian said...

at least graduate!!!

Unknown said...

it was only 3 days Chad. I didn't get to do any snowboarding in Belize, I had to go.

I'm working on it Ian. It was still Christmas break for college students.

Rob & Sarah said...

Don't listen to them John. Take it from P-diddy.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/09/20/it_s_cool_to_stay_in_school_diddy_tells_