Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Update

It was a busy weekend. I did the King of the Ridge at Bridger Bowl on Saturday for the 5th time and managed to win again with 26 hikes and got the very useful prizes of $250 cash and a pair of sunny day goggles. I got rested up that night and then went and did some shooting of guns with Marshall on Sunday, who was visiting for the weekend and now owns nothing less then an AK-47 (that came with a bayonet?). Yes, it's completely unnecessary and ridiculous to own such a gun. It is also quite fun to shoot.

I went on a long and arduous ski trip up to the Mount Cowen cirque on Monday in celebration of President's day. It is a really cool area, and the sunny weather got me caught up on my vitamin D for the next week or so. I was worried I was going to run out of food, but fortunately I remembered I had some Gummy Bacon Jesse had given me for Christmas and it saved the day.


That night I went to the Maxey Cabin up Hyalite with Marshall and others. Now I'm watching the lunar eclipse and getting ready to scrounge up some dinner.

4 comments:

Marshall said...

you kicked Conrad Anchor's ass, by a factor of 2-3, nice work

jesse parker said...

Did you say bacon?

Good work King

Unknown said...

Conrad was hiking with alex lowe's two kids. I think one of them was 9 and did 13 hikes.

gregb406 said...

Congrats John! You are so like Clark Kent, once in a while jumping into the phone booth for kicks.